Pros and Cons

When Little Dude wakes up from his afternoon nap we usually let him hang out and play in his crib for a few minutes. Today that strategy backfired on us; when Mr. Fob opened the door of the room the stench was even worse than a regular dirty diaper. Little Dude had pulled his pants off and had been digging in his diaper and wiping it on his bed. At least it wasn't as bad as that time S-Boogie took her diaper completely off. I was on my way out the door at the moment, so I silently rejoiced that I didn't have to deal with that mess.

Then I ended up stuck in traffic and was half an hour late to my class that I'm teaching. I leave my house an hour before class as it is (without traffic it only takes 20 minutes to get there), but today the last few miles of the freeway were horrible. It took me an hour to go two miles. Apparently on Halloween everyone decides to leave work early. Now I know for next year.

Comments

Jenny said…
Ethan hasn't done that yet. I'm waiting. I know our days are numbered. Yay for being on your way out the door and slipping off the hook on that one.
Tina said…
Been there, Yuck!

What is up with having class on Halloween?
Kengo Biddles said…
At least it was at home...Miki's sister did that to my mother-in-law at church in the early 80's. Yeah. So much worse in some ways to have _that_ happen.

I hope you gave FOB a big hug (at least) for dealing with that nastiness.
Lindsay said…
My cousin does something similar. He likes to, after his nap is done, take his diaper off and play naked in the crib. If nature calls, well, he takes care of his business, but there's usually nothing to catch it. My aunt and uncle have taken to duct-taping his diaper around his waste before naptime -- it's harder for him to take off that way.
Desmama said…
TinyDes did that a while back. It was kind of stunning. I just stared for a moment before springing into action.
M said…
I'm waiting for BeeBeoo to do that one...She HATES clothes. The worst we've had is having her throw up in bed.
robin marie said…
i was five when my little brother was born and he was notorious for waking up and quietly playing in his crib... he did grow up to be an artist but i fear it was his creativity with finger painting with his diaper contents as a medium that got him started!!!

p.s. last night's commute was horrible. it took me about an hour and a half to get home from bellevue... 8 miles away!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals