My Year in Places

First of all, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your kind comments on my previous post. There's a little article about the incident here, if you're interested. I talked to my dad on the phone tonight and he reported that most of my family has been able to gather for the funeral. I wish I could be there tomorrow, but I hope that keeping them in my thoughts and prayers is good enough. Thanks to all my readers for your sympathy even though you don't know my family personally.


Several friends have posted this new meme, which I think is kind of cool. We travelled a lot last year, sometimes for happy events and sometimes for not so happy reasons. But here's a list of the places I stayed overnight in during 2007. I only hope 2008 is not quite so hectic.


Roseburg, OR
El Cerrito, CA
Elko, NV
Orem, UT
Smoot, WY
Baker City, OR
Orem, UT (two trips in a row)
Salt Lake City, UT

Spanish Fork, UT
Orem, UT (again--hi Lika!)
Makakilo, HI
Pahoa, HI
Cannon Beach, OR
Beaverton, OR
Whidbey Island, WA
Baker City, OR
Spanish Fork, UT
Las Vegas, NV
Orem, UT


I think Orem is the clear winner this time around. I have no idea about our plans for 2008. We will probably not be travelling anywhere until this summer, and that will also involve moving. So things could be interesting. I kind of hope for a night or two away somewhere on an island for my birthday, but I'm not holding my breath. If we have a choice between an island getaway and moving money, I'm willing to sacrifice romance for that.

Comments

Lindsay said…
You did have a busy year!
Mama said…
I'm sorry to hear about your family. I will keep you in my thoughts.

I must say, when I was in your stage of life, I traveled nowhere near as much as y'all. Heck - I don't travel anywhere near that much even now!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals