Sexy Shoes


When I was in Las Vegas last month, my mom and I went to the mall to buy me some new shoes. We went to a store that sells quality, comfortable shoes. Their image is very practical and certainly not flashy like many of the other apparel stores in the mall. I thought it was the sort of store where you go to buy some sturdy, basic shoes that will keep your feet happy for a while. Then I got home and opened up the catalog they had slipped into my bag. I was confronted by a full-page picture of a lady with sand stuck to her butt. And a guy staring at her (notice that he's not looking at her shoes--I didn't notice them at first either). All the other pictures in the catalog are just as ridiculous. Lean women in tiny sports bras and shorts--oh, and athletic shoes. A girl hiking in a ridiculous looking tube top. A close up of a woman holding flip flops at her waist, so the picture is just flip flops and bikini bottom. I don't know if all the ads come from the shoe companies (like this one) or if they were created by the store. I was impressed by how blatantly sexual the whole catalog was. Buy our shoes and you'll be young, strong, and sexy. Or maybe you'll just end up with a disappearing swim suit and a sandy butt.

Comments

Th. said…
.

Why should we have to choose? Can't we have all those things?
Vanessa Swenson said…
my luck? sandy butt.
Em said…
This drives me NUTS! What makes it worse is the fact that some people (like my 18-year-old sister) get swept up in it...
Mama said…
Shoot - my bum doesn't look as hot there as I thought it would.

:)

(Don't I wish. But that's the picture for athletic shoes - oh man!)
Janssen said…
I hope it's buy one get one free.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Roundup: November 2016

I want to remember

Taking care of myself or taking it easy