My Daybook

I did this post ten years ago, and thought it would be fun to do again

I am wearing khaki pants, a cream-colored shirt with navy stripes, and a red cardigan.

I am reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt and Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Also trying to read the whole Book of Mormon before the end of the year.

I am hearing the hum of the dishwasher and the washing machine.

Learning all the time that I should be more thoughtful in my actions and not so quick to judge others.

I am thankful for the great community that I live in.

I am hoping that Little Dude gets better for tomorrow, and that if it's a stomach virus, the rest of us can avoid getting it.

From the kitchen tonight came a crustless spinach quiche. It was really delicious. S-Boogie is on a limited chewing diet for a few weeks so we've been creative with healthy soft foods.

Bringing beauty to my home by recently buying some new chairs for the living room. It's my first experience buying brand new living room furniture, and I think it turned out well.

Around the house we are still enjoying our new carpet that I had installed last month. I didn't realize how much a difference changing out the old carpet would make in the feel of my home.

Outside my window it's really dark. The adjustment to the time change is hard since I come home from work in the dark and the evenings feel very long.

I am thinking about if I should apply for a new job, and if so, which one. There are a few new possibilities opening up in a different department at work and I'm not sure which, if any, would be a good idea. Also not sure if I'm up for dealing with the application process.

One of my favorite things is the ten-minute Tai Chi routine I found on YouTube that I've been doing in the mornings. It feels so good to stretch!

A few plans for the rest of the week...P.Bibby is performing in a play at school tomorrow night and Friday. The kids aren't here this weekend and I have a massage appointment on Saturday morning. I'm also thinking of making a batch of applesauce and probably going to the temple. I'd also really like to finish the last few episodes of the show I've been watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals