Knitting up the revell'd sleeve of care

Last night I forgot how to sleep. I got in bed at a reasonable time and lay awake for nearly an hour. Then I got up and took a sleeping pill and spent another half hour or so on the internet until my brain felt like mush. Yuck.

Yesterday I got a little email all about "Your toddler's 25th month of life". In it they kindly reminded me that S-Boogie has spent more time asleep than awake during the last 25 months she has been on Earth. Thanks for reminding me of that fact... It is amazing, though, how much time babies and little kids do spend sleeping. We put her to bed at 8 every night and she sleeps until 8 the next morning. Plus she gets a two hour or so nap every afternoon. I know that they think that all that sleep is to help their little brains develop so quickly, but I think part of it is an evolutionary thing. Parents need a break from their children, or no one would make it past 3 years old. When every hour with a toddler feels like an entire day, it's nice to know that she is asleep more often than she is awake.

It sounds like I need to get more sleep.

Comments

Desmama said…
I'm with you. I'm exhausted after a morning with mine. We BOTH nap in the afternoons, and then I can't sleep at night, and she snoozes for 12 hours. It's a wicked, wicked system.
I suspect that if everyone were to sleep as much as babies and toddlers do, we'd all live longer, thus making up for the lost time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals