I'm a Copy Cat

As I was sitting here feeling exhausted from the last few crazy days, I opened up my blog reader to find this post from Science Teacher Mommy. I thought it was cool, so I'm going to copy it.

Tuesday 8 PM--The kids are both in bed, so I decide to spend some time vegging on the internet. Spend nearly an hour making up my mind to go to the grocery store and pick up some milk.


9 PM--Get my cart and my canvas bags and walk to the grocery store. Get my milk and cheese, and then decide to get some canned vegetables because they are on sale for a really great price. After looking around, I realize that some other canned things like tomatoes and fruit, as well as pasta are also deeply discounted. I make a snap decision to stock up our pathetic pantry and fill my cart. The guy at the checkout is not amused, but I manage to save sixty dollars while spending fifty.


10 PM--Feel trashy while walking my grocery cart back to my house. After Mr. Fob helps me unload all the stuff, I take the cart back and feel good about myself again. I spend way too much time organizing the pantry, but everything fits and I manage to get rid of random items like a half-empty box of potato flakes that are older than S-Boogie.


11 PM--Eat some cookies and milk and stay up late chatting with Mr. Fob. Got to bed at a very late hour.


12 PM--Finally fall asleep. Thankfully the kids sleep well and I do too.


7 AM--Wake up and turn off my alarm. Realize that S-Boogie has woken up, gotten herself dressed already, and turned on the light to make sure her little brother gets up bright and early too. Power up the laptop and check my email while debating going for a walk.


8 AM--Go for a nice power walk on the trail. Come home and eat breakfast, half of it while holding a crying Little Dude who really wants Mommy to change his diaper. Change the really stinky diaper and get some clothes. Finally get in the shower a few minutes before Mr. Fob has to leave.


9 AM--Get dressed while fending off small children who want to discuss my anatomy and my underwear choices. Try to help S-Boogie make paper dolls while keeping Little Dude from climbing on the table to eat the scissors.


10 AM--Read stories to Little Dude and put him down for a nap. Blow dry my hair and fix S-Boogie's. We quickly fold some laundry together before she gets her shoes on and I take her to the bus stop.


11 AM--At last I am by myself, so I work on grading and lesson plans. My students didn't all do a stellar job on their first test, but they show up to class and do their homework so they're all still doing fine. Successfully resist the urge to waste time on the internet and get an hour of productive work in.


12 PM--Little Dude wakes up hungry for lunch. He also wakes up feeling very warm, but I decide to give him a little while to wake up before taking his temperature. We eat lunch, but I'm surprised when he hardly eats anything and angrily pushes his tray away. After lunch he watches Signing Time while I read a book.


1 PM--I change Little Dude's diaper and take his temperature; it's 102 degrees. He gets Tylenol and we cuddle on the couch while watching a very enlightening episode of CSI: Miami.


2 PM--S-Boogie's preschool calls; she's fallen down on the playground and split her chin open. Mr. Fob is on his way home and unreachable, so I call a neighbor to hold on to Little Dude while I go get her. She's feeling pretty happy to see me, but her chin looks pretty nasty.


3 PM--Get settled into our favorite spot: Children's Hospital ER. I'm pretty sure we've seen this doctor before, but he doesn't seem to recognize us. S-Boogie picks some snacks from the snack cart and we attempt to watch the TV. It doesn't work.


4 PM--A nurse helps us start Cinderella and puts some topical anaesthetic on S-Boogie's chin. After about 40 minutes, the doctor and assistant come in to sew her up. S-Boogie is less than enthusiastic about the procedure, but doesn't fight too hard. The worst part is when they give her the shot to numb the cut; the topical stuff was supposed to help the shot pain, but it didn't really do a lot. I actually started feeling woozy watching, but I think it was because it had been nearly five hours since lunch and the adrenaline rush was starting to wear off.


5 PM--S-Boogie is good to go by ten after five. At this point I'm starting to think about cancelling my class, because I usually have to leave by 4:30 to beat the traffic. I get home with S-Boogie at 5:25 (class starts at 5:30). I decide to go after all and instruct Mr. Fob to tell my students when they call (because they do) that I should be there by six and to please wait for me. The drive is mostly painless except for the last little bit that is always slow.


6 PM--Arrive a little after six completely flustered. My students are all there, so we have class. Spend the first hour of class discussing our families and how to say "to have".


7 PM--We've moved on to discussing our ages as well as the ages of our family members. We also go over the test from Monday. I'm glad that most of my students are pretty happy with their grades, although reviewing the test is somewhat disorganized because everyone just wants to go home.


8 PM--Leave the college and marvel, yet again, that it only takes me 20 minutes to drive home, but it usually takes at least 40 or 50 to get there earlier in the evening. Stupid rush hour. Eat the lovely french toast and hash browns Mr. Fob made for dinner, catch up on blogs, and hope the next 24 hours are not quite so exciting.


After I typed this up I realized that it was not really all that exciting. But it covers information that was going to be in several blog posts, so at least it's all condensed here.

Comments

I thought it was pretty exciting.
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Definitely more exciting than my day!
Unknown said…
Poor S-Boogie! Hope LD is feeling better. Wish I could have met you guys at Dan and Rosey's reception. Maybe next time!
Jenny said…
I was getting icked out by reading about Sboogie's chin. I hope this means your next week will be calm, it never does though. So sad.
Lindsay said…
What do you mean "not exciting"? :) That's enough in 24 hours to keep anyone on their toes. I hope S-boogie's chin recovers quickly!
Slow start and a big finish! I feel immortalized . . . I think Mike Rowe should cover a Dirty Jobs about Moms. But he'd have to catch a day where at least two kids have blow out poops, and somebody throws up (preferably on a plane), and there is a trip to the emergency room. The more blogs I read the more I realize that moms. just. work. dang. hard.
Cricket said…
That was a great sale! saving more than you spent?!! Awesome.

Poor S-boogie, sounds like she wasn't scared at all!
daltongirl said…
I'm jealous that you live in a place with walking trails, Trader Joe's, and a decent grocery store within walking distance. Not so much about the ER experience, although I did have a couple of flashbacks, which was fun.

It makes me want to move somewhere nearer the coast (either one) where people care about healthy living--but I remind myself that if people like me didn't stay put, nothing would ever change here. But I'm still jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals