7 Days of Thankfulness

Tonight we went to a spaghetti dinner over at the community center for family housing. I mostly signed up to go because it meant free food without having to cook (we did have to donate some canned goods for entrance), but I was glad tonight for the chance to spend some time with friends and to be a part of the community. My long-time readers will remember the great trauma we had with moving here last summer. I was a little reluctant to move back into campus housing after several years of living on our own, but after several months of fruitless long-distance apartment shopping and with only days left before homelessness I was happy to get a spot here. And I've really enjoyed this last year. I like our community, both the members of our ward and those who are not. I love the fact that my children have so many friends close by and many opportunities to play with them. I like our apartment too; it's a bit dark and cave-like, but it's still a comfortable home. We're getting mini blinds to replace our nasty drapes in just two weeks; that will make things even better around here. So tonight I'm grateful for my home. I'm also grateful we only have to live here for about nine more months, but we could be in a much worse situation.

Comments

Unknown said…
You have a good attitude, FoxyJ. We lived in some not-so-wonderful earlier homes in our marriage, also, but we had plenty of fun making them work. I still remember the plastic we stuck to the windows trying to conserve heat :-)
Earth Sign Mama said…
I'm excited about the mini-blinds. You'll be impressed how much space it will add to your room to remove the drapes. Everytime we move, I have to remember all over again how hard it is to be the "new people". It takes times to feel at home.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear