Still here

As usual, I have a bunch of great ideas for posts and no time to get them written down. One of these days I'll get my Thanksgiving recipes up here. I even took pictures of the food. This week and next week are really busy. Tonight my class had an exam, and next week we have a final that I spent several hours putting together today. Last night I had book group; every one read Persepolis and enjoyed it a lot. We had a great discussion (and good food) and I got home late. Then tomorrow night I have Enrichment. Plus tomorrow we're getting new blinds installed and Little Dude has a check up at the doctor. And so on. Lots of things to do during the next week or so. I'm especially feeling pressure because we're planning on leaving on a road trip next weekend. So I might not be blogging much for the next little while.

Updates: I decided to buy S-Boogie Candyland for Christmas. It was a semi-impulsive decision precipitated by the fact that Target had the game on sale for $7.99 and it included three small things of Play Doh as well. We also ordered Little Dude a Signing Time video online, so I guess we're done with our shopping. Well, we still need to do our Christmas letter and I need to buy Mr. Fob something, so I guess we're not quite there yet.

Someone came to measure our window the other day and the university will be replacing it. I'm glad we filed a police report right away so that it was obvious we were not at fault. Well we forgot to lock up my bike, but that doesn't give anyone the right to try and throw it through our window. Unfortunately my bike is just fine. Well, not any worse than it used to be. So I don't have that excuse for getting a new bike for Christmas.

My ankle is still sore, especially without the air cast. I'm impatient for it to get better, but I know it will take time. On Friday they wrapped it first in an Ace bandage, but by Sunday morning that had rubbed big red spots on the back of my ankle so I took it off. Last night I tried wrapping the bandage over a sock while I was asleep, but then in the middle of the night I had a dream that a small animal was chewing on my foot. I managed to rip off the bandage and go back to sleep. Apparently my foot doesn't like Ace bandages.

Comments

Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
RE: The ankle. I probably shouldn't tell you that the ankle I sprained in March still hurts sometimes... Not a lot, just enough to remind me to be careful when going down stairs.

Also, I can't wait to see your Thanksgiving food! Delish.
Jenny said…
That dream sounds horrible, but I still laughed. I hope it heals fast.
Unknown said…
After about 20 (!) sprained ankles, the best advice I can give is to walk on it. Sounds like torture, but from a sprained veteran, it works like a charm!

And ice every now and then.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear