Black Friday Indeed

This morning my sister and I took the kids over to see the canal locks. It was a lovely morning and we saw a lot of birds and boats. Little Dude fell asleep in the car on the way home. As I was walking down the steps to our apartment I miscalculated and missed the last one. Unfortunately I was holding a still-sleeping Little Dude and couldn't catch myself. My left ankle folded up and then I landed on it. After four hours in the emergency room (why do I always end up there?) I came home with an air cast and a prescription for ibuprofen. Thankfully it's just a sprain and thankfully Little Dude didn't get hurt when I fell down. And thankfully my sister is here visiting so she could hang out with the kids while Mr. Fob and I were in the ER watching Law and Order on the TV. I just feel bad that we weren't able to out and have fun this afternoon like we had planned. At least we have enough Thanksgiving leftovers to make it through the next few days. It's too bad I can't go to the gym for at least another week. I guess this means I'm not going to win the holiday weight loss challenge this year.

Comments

Vanessa Swenson said…
:'(
I hope you recover fast! That's a bummer.
I'm glad Little Dude's okay.
Becca said…
You should have a little widget on your sidebar with the number of days since your last visit to the emergency room :)
Samantha said…
Wow, I'm really sorry. That sounds painful.
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
So sorry! I hope you recover quickly!
I'm going to have to second Becca's suggestion.
Oh no! That is not fun at all. =(
Desmama said…
Aw, no good! I'm sorry you got hurt. And I third Becca's suggestion--it made me laugh.
Courtney said…
That's awful! I'm glad the only damage was a sprain (though I hear those hurt terribly). I hope you heal quickly!
Kristeee said…
Oh no! I hope your ankle's healing well. And Becca's suggestion's pretty dang funny.
rantipoler said…
I'm glad you and Little Dude are okay. I suppose it could've been worse, but still . . . not fun.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals