And she dwelt in a tent...

Today I decided to break down and wear one of the "nicer" shirts in my maternity wardrobe, since those are pretty much my only options. The thing is, I don't usually like to wear fussy clothes, like woven button-up shirts that require ironing or shirts that have loud stripes or patterns. Unfortunately, this shirt has both of those characteristics. And, it is a maternity shirt, which means that it involves several acres of fabric. I felt like I was a circus tent today.

This shirt also features two of my biggest fashion pet peeves. I generally just stick to comfy t-shirts and jeans, because so many features of "trendier" clothes bug the heck out of me. One peeve is those stupid three-quarter sleeves. I hate them. They drive me bonkers, because they don't go all the way down, but they aren't up either. Instead, they hang out somewhere halfway down your arm and flap around all day right in the most annoying place possible. I spend all day trying to push them back up or pull them down. Aargh. My other big peeve lately is shirts with gaping necklines. The thing is, most of these shirts are intended to be layered with another shirt underneath. Um, I already wear an undershirt and a bra, and I am a heavy sweater. Plus, I'm pregnant, which means that the thermostat is set on high for the next six months. And, why should I pay money for two shirts when adding a little fabric could mean that I could just pay for, and wear, one?

I really shouldn't complain since my wardrobe is mostly borrowed and I don't have money to go buy some comfy long-sleeve t-shirts that will cover my bosom. And several people complemented me on my beautiful circus tent attire today. Maybe tomorrow I should wear the bumblebee striped shirt.

Comments

Cricket said…
I've been looking for someone to unload my winter maternity stuff on!!! I want my closet back!! Why didn't I think of this sooner????
Tolkien Boy said…
I've ALSO been looking for a way to get rid of all these maternity clothes in my closet. Perhaps we should start a business...
AmyJane said…
Ugh. Maternity clothes were only fun for the first four months of my first pregnancy. I just boxed mine up with great delight and happiness, after Monday became The Day I Got Into My Own Jeans day. So thrilling....
Christian said…
When you mentioned the bumblebee shirt, all I could think of was the Blind Melon video from the nineties. Okay, so all I could really think of was the bumblebee girl from the video; I had to google her to find the band. However, I'm sure you will be pleased that I did, considering that I found the perfect accessory for your outfit.
Melyngoch said…
Tolkien Boy promised me all of the maternity clothes in his closet the same day I told him I was registering as a Republican, so NO DIBS!

(I'm betting they all have three-quarter length sleeves anyway.)
Th. said…
.

I like three-quarter length sleeves.


And skirts....


Haha!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals