The bathtub has been cleaned for the last time this year

Most of the time I go back to school wishing I had done more while I was on vacation. This time, though, I've actually gotten a lot of stuff done. Of course, I did have a three week break to work with instead of two weeks, so that did help. The lame thing is, most of this is stuff that probably could all have been accomplished in a day or two. But, I will not disparage my own efforts and will take whatever praise I can get.

I now have a sparkling clean refrigerator, a much more organized bedroom, de-mildowed bath toys, and a blindingly white bathtub. It's lovely. Plus I've made more progress on S-Boogie's baby book, which truly is the project that will never end. Maybe I'll get it done in time for her wedding.

My joy over all this cleaning was tempered today by the realization that the rest of this year is probably going to be hell until September or so. 2006 is really going to be the year that sucks. I'm going to be in school straight through until the middle of June, at which point baby will arrive (and I'm not just taking classes, but supposedly writing my thesis as well). Then, by the time I will have become somewhat human again, we will have to pack up everything (or sell everything) and move to a different state. Then unpack it and settle in to an entirely new area. And S-Boogie should probably get potty trained at some point this year. If you need me, I'll be curled in a ball in the corner, hyperventilating.

Comments

JB said…
Well, at least you have a nice clean bathroom. That's a wonderful thing to have. Good luck with this next year. Maybe things will fall into place so that it won't be as bad as it could be... ?
Christian said…
Or you could take advantage of the sparkling bath tub and curl into a ball in there. Just fill it with lots of bubbles and let the bubbles uncurl you.
Th. said…
.

And to make things worse, I heard an expert on NPR saying that 2006 could be the year we run out of oil. (Though he estimates 2008--plus orminus two years.)
AmyJane said…
I think the worst bit may be the potty training.... I started having a fit the other day over the thought that my two month old will someday have to be trained. Though supposedly girls are easier? Keep us posted!
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, I'm totally freaked out by potty training. She could probably do it soon if we worked on it, but we're both lazy and scared to do it so we keep putting it off. She only poops once a day now and the diaper costs aren't really that much these days. I'm just using the excuse that I've heard it's better to wait until they are really ready for it.
Cricket said…
Ah the potty training! I would not reccomend starting this task close to the move or packing. As it will be not only difficult for you guys logistically, but if she gets all trained up and then you move- she could regress in a big way and then you have to start all over (I had Miss R trained and it only took an ear infection for her to regress!)

2006 sounds like it will be a butt kicker for you. I hope that the fact that it's over a nine month span instead of 9 weeks will help!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear