Smile!

I have to start this post with a confession that will sorely disappoint my mother: until Wednesday, it had been about five years since I last visited the dentist. I know, I know--I need to take better care of my teeth. We've even had dental insurance for the last few years, but I never got around to using it. I do floss and brush very regularly, though, so I really do care. I did pass my checkup with mostly flying colors and was told that my flossing has paid off because my teeth and gums are fabulous. I do have two small cavities, but they aren't really my fault. Apparently the sealants that someone put on my farthest back molars have gotten old and cracked, so stuff has leaked in and caused some little cavities underneath them. It's time for repairs, which will happen in about a week or so.

The best part about my dentist visit: I surprised my old roommate, Angela, from freshman year! She just graduated from dental school last year and moved back to Utah (she and her hubby are both from South Jordan). We haven't been great about keeping in touch over the years, but I got a Christmas letter that had mentioned that she was now living here and an official dentist. Then a few weeks ago I was looking for a dentist near my house, and her name jumped out at me. I wasn't totally sure it was her, since she has a fairly common last name, but I had a feeling. It was so fun to be sitting there in the chair and have her come in and squeal excitedly at seeing me! And she did a nice job on my teeth and will be fixing up my fillings for me. Of course, that makes me feel even older to know that someone I roomed with as a freshman has already been able to complete dental school. Two of my other roommates from that time have been married for nearly 8 years now, so I guess we're all just old fogies. At least Angela will be able to help us out with dentures when we need them...

Comments

Earth Sign Mama said…
Well, it is only a mild disappointment. That you have faithfully flossed makes up for it all...how fun to have a friend as your dentist!
Thirdmango said…
whoa, about two weeks ago I went in to the dentist after five years of not being to the dentist. But then I have a phobia of dentistry.
skyeJ said…
Hey, hey, no comments about how long you've all been married and how OLD you all are. YOU ARE NOT OLD. I'm not sure there IS such a thing as an old fogey. p.s. I'm appalled at your lack of dental checkups. How can you call yourself a member of this family???!!! hee hee....

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals