Trip review

In case you are wondering, our trip to Vegas was quite a lot of fun. On Saturday S-Boogie spent even more time in the sandbox and the pool, and then that evening the Thteeds showed up on their way back to California (so far my parents don't seem to mind that we keep inviting our friends along when we visit their house). We all watched New York Doll on Saturday night and I enjoyed it quite a lot. My parents have 9:00 church, so we ended up being heathen and skipping it completely. Perhaps that wasn't such a great idea, since shortly after the Thteeds left on their merry way we received a phone call that they had run into complications before even reaching the freeway. They ended up staying another night--not for the best of reasons, but hopefully the meatloaf, angel food cake with strawberries, raucous stories and photos, and the hot tub made up for all of it. On Monday S-Boogie and the Big O spent several more hours playing together. I'm not too hopeful about their future together--she decided that they needed to go to a restaurant, but neither could agree on who was driving the car or who got to carry the purse. Then they departed for their unfortunately long drive home, S-Boogie took a nap, and Master Fob and I went off to the mall so I could spend some of my birthday cash. I treated myself to a pedicure and a brownie Blizzard while Master Fob browsed at Sam Goody. He told me that he hadn't found any music he wanted to buy (which surprised me a little, but I'm fairly gullible), but when we got in the car I suddenly realized that we were listening to a new CD from Bruce Springsteen. After another quick swim in the pool, we left S-Boogie with Grandma and Grandpa and went out to the Melting Pot for a yummy, romantic dinner (melted cheese and dim lights--a nice combination). On our way back home, we decided to drive up the Strip and got to witness an enormous immigration rally. It was pretty impressive--I've rarely seen that many people in one place at a time, let alone all marching down the street. We finished up the night snuggling on the futon watching Walk the Line. Monday was definitely a good "birthday eve". Tuesday was rather uneventful--we drove back and only stopped once, in Saint George. We did finish listening to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, although I nodded off during a few parts so I think I might have missed some key plot elements. It was a nice little trip and definitely a good way to rewind after a long semester.

Comments

Katria said…
Saint George= needing more things for me to do for the next week or two before I am able to afford gasoline.
Amidst all of our graduation stuff and moving stuff (we fly out today for good) I never got to tell you happy birthday. So there it is. Happy Birthday! I hope you had fun. =)
ambrosia ananas said…
Hope you had a good birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals