Blast From the Past


I just set up my new printer/scanner/copy machine. This is the first time I've ever had a scanner, so it's pretty exciting. One of these days I'm going to scan in all my mission photos just so I can write fun posts about them. I'm not sure this file is the highest quality I could get--I need to fiddle around with it some more. But it's still pretty cool. Oh, and that's me and my super cool Spanish companion with the Bolivian family that we taught. The entire family got baptized (I don't know why the dad isn't in the picture) and they are really neat people. I wonder what they're doing now, since I haven't heard from them since I left Madrid.
PS--Don't you love my ugly jumper with the stains on it? It's amazing what you'll wear after having no new clothes for nearly a year. The jumper came from our stock of piso clothes--items left behind by departing missionaries that ended up being community property. At least it was comfortable.

Comments

Desmama said…
That church . . . what ward(s) met there? I swear it was the one we attended. The door looks so familiar. (I know, it's just a door; humor me.)
Th. said…
.

Did you and your companion always mimic each other in mirror image?
FoxyJ said…
Desmama--It's the building where the 2nd and 4th wards met. I was in the second ward (Barrio 2). That's the building in Madrid near the bullring; it's on the bottom floor in an apartment complex (right by the swimming pool!) The summer I was there the study abroad group all came to the ward, so it probably is the building you used to go to (if you did study abroad before 2001 when they switched to living in Alcala).

Th--That was my companion who was basically my twin. Everyone assumed we were both Spaniards. And we'd been companions for several months so I guess we were probably at the point of mimicking each other's gestures.
Yeah, I had a hard time telling them apart...

This is very cool. It didn't even occur to me that you could scan in photos with your new toy.
Desmama said…
Was it near the metro stop Manuel Becera (spelling?). I'm fairly certain that was the one. I didn't even take pictures of the church when I was there, so it was fun to see this.
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, it's the one by Manuel Becerra (I couldn't remember the spelling either--I just looked it up on Wikipedia)

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals