Etc.

My dad got me the yogurt maker I talked about in my birthday wish list post. I tried it out the other day and it works quite well. I like the fact that it has plastic cups, which reduces the fear of breakage from small children playing in the fridge. I thought it a little weird because it has 8 cups that hold 6 ounces each, but if you use a quart of milk that makes them 4 oz. each. But then there's extra room in the cup to stir in jam or whatever. The truth is, a nice little 4 ounce serving of yogurt is usually plenty for me, especially with extra stuff in it. Generally, though, I just like a bit of sugar to take the edge off. I like to use whole milk because it's extra creamy. Yum!

The news story I read today about a traffic accident demolishing part of a major freeway exchange in Oakland reminded me that I don't want to do much commuting when I find a job. I keep seeing interesting-sounding jobs in downtown Seattle, but I know I can't afford to live that close. But I don't like the idea of being dependent on my car for a lot of reasons, and now the reminder that our highways can be fragile is another good reason not to live a bridge away from work.

I have cool friends who are very generous with their time. They came over again on Friday night , took me out to eat, and then stayed up late listening to me talk. It's nice to have people who are empathetic and understanding. Of course, I also bribed them with homemade cheesecake, so maybe that's it. (Just kidding, guys!).

Comments

Lady Steed said…
.

You're our first source of news.

Holy crap, that's going to mess up our traffic.
Th. said…
.

Sorry---that was me.

Lady Steed doesn't talk like that, of course.
Jenny said…
That yougurt maker sounds so nice. Good luck job hunting and defending your thesis.
Desmama said…
Good luck with your thesis. I'm looking forward to hearing about your brilliant defense.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals