Awkward

One of our home teachers just called to make an appointment. He had talked to me after church on Sunday and mentioned that he and his companion wanted to come by. At the time, I got the impression that he knew what was going on and that I was living here by myself. However, tonight on the phone he mentioned that he would come by to see "you guys", which made me start to feel a little panicky. Then he mentioned that he would for sure be coming next week, but was not sure if his companion would be able to make it. I'm terrible at phone conversations, and I'm even worse at piping up to say "I live by myself because my husband moved out". But I'm afraid it would be extremely awkward for him to show up next Tuesday night by himself and be unable to visit because I'm home alone. I feel like such a dork. The only bright side to this is that I'm realizing each week that most people are preoccupied enough with themselves that they apparently have little time to speculate about my weird behavior and absent husband. The people who need to know do (except for my home teachers, apparently), and most people who don't need to know, don't.

Comments

Cricket said…
so he couldn't come alone if you are a woman alone? is that a rule for saftey or for just keeping men and women from being alone together, LOL?

I hope it gets better, it will, someday...
FoxyJ said…
I think it's both for safety and for the idea of not having men and women alone together. More than anything, I think it would just be really awkward for him if he shows up and I'm here by myself and I have to explain. I'd rather have him know ahead of time. I guess I'm just a chicken and would rather let someone else do the explaining.
Kengo Biddles said…
I had the hardest time just telling people that Helga and I had divorced ... I ended up thinking up all sorts of different "excuses." I empathize with your situation. If your bishop is in the know, he will usually assign you a husband-wife team; that's what happened for my Mom.
Mama said…
Now that you're "single" you should be being taught by the High Priests. Ohhhh - that will be fun!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear