They like me, they really like me!

The verdict: Pass with qualifications

What that means: I need to go home and fix a few little things, and then they will sign my papers and I will be done and graduated.

I survived my defense and I did not throw up or wet my pants or anything unseemly like that. I caught myself trying to make air quotes with my fingers once, but I think I mostly avoided that tacky gesture. It was really gratifying to hear several people I look up to and admire for their brilliance tell me that they thought my ideas were innovative and interesting and that my writing is excellent. I've worried that I don't have a very good style when it comes to academic writing, but they all agreed that the fact that I am concise and clear is a good thing. And of course my entire committee wants me to get a PhD. and to keep going with film studies and translation. Maybe I should... Right now, though, I'm going to the Museum of Art to check out the Believing Christ exhibit and to grab me some lunch.

Comments

Vanessa Swenson said…
CONGRATULATIONS! Siempre supe que eres inteligentísima.
Have fun with your new-found academic freedom--until you get your PhD.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Mama said…
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Congrats congrats congrats!!!!!!!
Angie said…
Congratulations! What a relief!
Kristeee said…
Hooray! Congrats to you!
Christian said…
Woo hoo! You da man. Or el hombre. Well, I guess, technically speaking, la muller. But that just doesn't seem to flow right.

Regardless, congratulations!
Rebecca said…
That must be such a relief, as well as such a HIGH! Good for you! Was this at BYU? If you're in film I bet we know some of the same professors (I just graduated in theatre).
Tina said…
Yea!!! Good for you. :)
Desmama said…
Many, many congratulations! Couldn't be happier for you!
Natalie Gordon said…
Yay!!!

And, while you were at the MOA, did you see 'Christ in the Red Robe' by Minerva Teichert? Because that one is my very favorite.

Yay, again!
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!
TK said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet that's such a relief to have behind you!
Lady Steed said…
Yippeee!!! I am so happy for you.
Hope you found something fantastic to eat.
M. Hatch said…
Congratulations!
Dian said…
YAY!! Very exciting! Congratulations! Everything else everyone has already said! :)
Th. said…
.

Congrats!

Sounds like all good things.
The Weed said…
Um, I want to read your thesis. Seriously.

Congratulations.
Cricket said…
yeah!!! congratulations Foxy!!
Kari said…
YEA!!!!!! All your hard work was worth it! Wonderful!
M said…
HOORAY for you! I'm sorry I missed you, didn't know you were coming to town until after you had defended.

~Emily T.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals