Today's Christmas Memories

We had another good Christmas this year. Last night we got together with some friends and had a nice dinner and program. It was a lot of fun, although I'm continually amazed by how much angst and drama a group of preschool girls can create for themselves. Thankfully our kids were both really tired and went to sleep easily last night. And neither is apparently big enough to be too excited about Christmas because they slept in until nearly eight this morning. We got up and opened presents; the kids ate cookies from their stockings for breakfast and we watched Little Dude's new Signing Time video. We already opened some presents in Utah with family, and they got some more fun things today: several books, a puzzle and new clothes for Little Dude, Candy Land and some Play Doh for S-Boogie. Mr. Fob got me a year-long membership to Curves, which was exactly what I wanted. It was a very generous present, especially since I just got him an alarm clock and an iTunes gift card. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out. I made a ham and scalloped potatoes for our Christmas dinner, although the kids ignored all the food in favor of rolls. After dinner we staved off cabin fever by taking a walk through the deserted shopping center next door. Now Mr. Fob and I are going to go watch a movie and get to bed. I think I'm coming down with a cold or something. Not my favorite kind of Christmas gift at all. As my gift to you, I share this wonderful essay about Christmas.

Comments

Th. said…
.

Luckies.

Hope it was a good movie.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals