When It Rains, It Pours

Sorry, I couldn't resist using this title even if it's cheesy. I was going to post last night about how the more than twenty-four hours' worth of pouring rain was getting me down. Then we were awakened at 4 this morning by a kindly neighbor calling to tell us that the apartment next door was flooding. We checked our front door and there was a puddle of water making its way through our coat closet and our laundry room. We threw some towels on it and went back to bed, where I slept fitfully through dreams of water rushing through my home and ruining all my stuff. Thankfully we only had that small amount of seepage. Our carpet just beyond the linoleum in the entryway is a bit damp. Someone was supposed to bring us a dehumidifier this evening, but I think they were too busy cleaning up the two neighboring apartments that got totally flooded. Or maybe trying to sandbag the lake that has sprouted up beside the playground right outside our back windows. I'm glad we were spared the deluge, and it even stopped raining in enough time for me to drive to my class tonight without incident. I feel a little guilty being so close to a disaster and escaping relatively unscathed, but considering all the other stuff we've dealt with lately I don't mind avoiding a sudden move this week.

Comments

We haven't built our ark yet here, but I did begin an early morning paper route a few days ago and the weather did not make it the best time to start this (mis)adventure.
Jenny said…
I just read that Bremerton got ten inches in one day. Crazy. I hope you don't have to swim to a new home anytime soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals