2 Days of Christmas Memories

Another of my family's most treasured Christmas traditions was making and delivering cookies on Christmas Eve. My mom said she started it because she needed some way to get through the day without the kids going crazy. We would bake and decorate cookies in the morning and then spend the evening delivering them to friends. I've done that every year since leaving home, either with roommates or with Mr. Fob and our little family. I love baking and it's so fun to visit with everyone. This year S-Boogie helped cut out and decorate gingerbread cookies, and then I also made some little popcorn "clusters" (they were supposed to be balls, but it didn't really work out so well). I also tried a recipe for jam thumbprint cookies, but that didn't work out at all. First of all, it only made two dozen instead of four. Then I tried putting lemon curd in the second batch and it melted all over the place. So a few people got jam cookies, but most didn't. Oh well. This year we also split up the deliveries. We did some last night and then did a few more today, since we have friends that live all over and driving around that much in one day would be crazy. Every year I get a little stressed about baking goodies, but then I realize that it's all worth it when we go visit our friends and wish them a merry Christmas!

Comments

Roni said…
The jam thumbprint cookies were awesome. We were one of the lucky ones to get some and I thought they were delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals