Can't get it out of my head...

Ever since this story broke out earlier this week I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Maybe it's the fact that I have kids practically the same ages. Maybe it's just the sheer randomness of the whole thing. I just keep thinking of what it must have been like, the terror increasing incrementally as you miss your turnoff, make a wrong turn, lose your cellphone reception, etc. I don't blame the guy for setting out on his own--I probably would have done the same thing.

I also find it interesting how every so often some tragedy or another makes the news for a while, and then we never hear any more about what happened. I always wonder what happens to people years later, after the news fades and they are no longer "current events". I think of some of the traffic accidents I've come across and wish I knew what happened to the people involved. I hope that this woman and her children will be all right some day. They'll never be the same, but I hope they eventually find some kind of peace and the strength to go on.

And if you want to read something beautiful,
read this. If I can't be eloquent, at least I can link to people who are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been thinking about that story a lot too. I appreciated reading your thoughts, and thank you for sharing that link. It was nice to personal, non-reporter's point of view.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals