A Good Holiday

I had been somewhat hesitant about spending our Christmas here without any family members or friends near enough to share it. But it turns out that we can have a lot of fun all by ourselves (not that we don't miss you all very much). S-Boogie and I spent most of Saturday making cookies; she's quite good at applying sprinkles. Sunday evening we drove all over passing them out to friends. We also had dinner on Sunday with friends from our ward; S-Boogie had a great time playing with her little friends. Sunday evening was a highlight for her because we finally found Baby Jesus for her to go see. I had found a listing for a living nativity at a church that would be on our way home from cookie delivery, so we stopped by to see what was going on. It turns out that they had a full-on pageant that you could watch from your car. We got there just as a performance was starting, and S-Boogie was entranced by the donkey, the giant star that lit up above the stable, and the fact that Mary, Joseph, the Shepherds, and even the Three Kings were live and in person right in front of her. She went to bed late and slept in until eight this morning, so that was one of our favorite Christmas gifts.

This morning we opened presents after breakfast and S-Boogie was thrilled by her new dolly and accessories that I found for her. She got me some lovely rose-print tissues and fancy soap from the gift shop Master Fob works at, and keeps urging me to use the tissues. I think my favorite present is the gift certificate for a massage that I got from Master Fob. I can't wait to use it, although it will be a week or two before the massage school is back in session. We had some friends come over for dinner and S-Boogie got to play with another of her nursery friends. My chocolate cake roll with peppermint ice cream was a big hit and now we're going to go watch more of Season Nine of The Simpsons (thank you Svoid), so I guess it's been a good day. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Comments

skyeJ said…
Merry Christmas!!! I know it's a day late, but I'm sayin it anyway!! I wish I could've said HI on the phone yesterday. I love you all!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals