Recovering

I spent yesterday in my pajamas trying not to throw up. Thankfully I didn't, although that may be due to the fact that I hardly ate anything all day. I felt horribly tired and achey, so I took a hot bath and went to bed early. Then I slept for eleven hours and woke up feeling much better today.

Master Fob was very nice and came over at six o'clock yesterday morning when I called for help. S-Boogie didn't sleep well at all. She threw up again after she decided she needed a drink at two o'clock in the morning. Unfortunately she missed the bowl and got her bed instead. Little Dude slept through that, but then decided he needed to wake up at five-thirty with diarrhea. I was feeling too tired and nauseated to deal with both kids at six, so I was glad for the help.

I am grateful to whoever it was who gave me the double sheet suggestion. I layer one sheet directly on the kids' mattresses, then top it with the mattress pad and another sheet. Then if there's some kind of incident in the middle of the night (leaky diaper, barf, etc), it's easy to take off the top layer and have an extra sheet already in place. You don't have to wrestle with making the bed at two in the morning. I used to have a mattress pad under the first sheet as well, but it got too bulky and their mattresses are plastic anyways.

Also, if you have small children, you should keep a bottle of "pet stain" carpet cleaner on hand. It's great for getting potty accidents and barf out of carpet and couch cushions.

And, if you're already feeling like crap, you really shouldn't watch romantic comedies set during Christmas. It's a good movie, but the timing probably wasn't the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals