1. Fifteen hours in the car is a really, really long time.
2. Jerome, Idaho smells like cow poop.
3. Jerome, Idaho also had one of the nicest McDonald's cashiers I've ever met.
4. S-Boogie only wants to eat at McDonalds because they have a playground. I'm willing to let her since she spent eleven hours in the car before getting there.
5. You really shouldn't say "what the hell" during the solemn procession at BYU graduation. Especially not when you're standing in the front row just a short distance away from the dean and all the faculty. Thankfully they didn't hear me and the Marriott Center didn't fall down around me.
6. We really shouldn't have ordered the medium-sized guava cake.
7. Blog parties are fun and it's cool to meet so many people in person.
8. Even though I'm morally opposed to video game systems, I think I want a Wii.
9. I'm getting too old to stay up until 2:30. My body is programed to wake up at 7:30 no matter what. So are my children.
10. The children's museum at the Gateway is a lot of fun. It's nice to have kids that are getting big enough to play on their own, and it's extra nice when they have cousins to play with.
11. The one time you don't bring extra clothes is the one time your child will have an accident. Of course it will also happen in the upscale mall and you'll be forced to pay for overpriced Gap panties. At least we got a cute skirt on sale.
12. Scot and his husband have adorable children, and it was very nice to meet them in person and share dinner. I know it can be somewhat scary to meet people for the first time after only having cyber interaction so I appreciate their willingness to meet us.
13. S-Boogie needs an older sibling. She and her cousin M played for hours.
14. One week is not long enough to visit family.
15. I felt a little homesick when we left Utah. I think it was partially because we didn't eat at Burgers Supreme or at Thai Chili Garden. But it was mostly because we know so many cool people there.
16. Utah is hot and brown. So is Idaho, eastern Oregon, and southeastern Washington.
17. Little Dude really hates being in the car. He vents his anger by shrieking and destroying board books.
18. Dairy Queen is much tastier for dinner than McDonalds.
19. I'm glad to be home.