12 Days of Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for church. Despite my post earlier about toddler trauma, I enjoy going every week. There's a reason why I keep showing up, and some weeks that reason is more clear than others. Today was a nice change for me. Mr. Fob came so we could watch S-Boogie in the Primary program. Ours was surprisingly uneventful, but very sweet and spiritual. S-Boogie declared "to be close to Jesus we say family prayer every night" clearly and loudly into the microphone, and I could see her singing almost every song (usually just the first verse, then she'd lose interest). After sacrament meeting Mr. Fob took Little Dude home with him because he was a bit too snotty and tired for nursery. I used that opportunity to stop by the stake offices and finish the interview process for my new recommend. I had a sweet little chat with a member of the stake presidency that I hadn't met before but who managed to provide some comfort and insight into my life. Then in Relief Society we had a lesson on revelation from the manual. I really liked it. Our teacher brought in a CD of talks from President Kimball and we listened to his testimony and description of the process of seeking revelation on the priesthood. It was very powerful to listen to his testimony from his own mouth rather than reading it. She also shared some insight about doctrine from this press release that I found insightful. I like the things I can learn from others at church, and I like the fellowship I can give to others as well. There aren't many weeks when it works as well as it did today, but I'm thankful when it does.

Comments

Well thanks for telling the whole world that I was too snotty and tired for nursery. Oh well. It's true.
Anonymous said…
.

Thanks particularly for the link to the press release. It almost makes me wish to run a newspaper again. I'm not sure why....
Lindsay said…
I love the primary program. For some reason, they always make me cry, which makes me think that I'll pretty much be a basket case when my own children are old enough to participate in it.
Kristeee said…
The Primary program's always one of the best Sundays of the year. It's just a nice breath of fresh air to hear the sweet testimonies of the little kids through word and song.

I'm glad you had a good Sunday. And that's an interesting article that I think more people should read. I know of a few people who could definitely use a whacking up-side the head with such a message.
Desmama said…
Yeah, I really liked that link, too. When we get our printer hooked up, I think I'll print it off.
Carina said…
I had never seen that press release! Thank YOU for linking it for me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals