13 Days of Thankfulness

I'm thankful for having a washer and dryer in my home. It's a luxury that not many people in the world have. When we were first married we lived in Wymount and didn't have laundry in our apartment. Thankfully we were still childless and could get away with washing our clothes every few weeks. Shortly after S-Boogie was born we moved to a new apartment in Orem. It had washer and dryer hookups. Even better than that, my parents happened to have an extra washer and dryer and were coming out to Utah. They stuck them in the back of the Suburban and drove them across the country for us. We've had them for four years now and they're still working. I'm crossing my fingers on that--the washer's been making a funny noise for about three years. I had someone come look at it and he said that some part was breaking down and not worth replacing. So I'm holding my breath that we can hold on a little longer until next summer when we (hopefully) move to a new home. For now I'll just be grateful that cleaning up potty accidents or midnight vomit is as simple as walking to the next room and tossing wet clothes into the washer. Heavenly.

Comments

Lindsay said…
I, too, am thankful for in-home washers and dryers. We had to get rid of ours (no hook-ups in the current apartment), so we only had our set for about a year. But it was the most glorious year. I hope yours hangs on for you!
Kristeee said…
It's amazing how something so seemingly simple (I don't know many in the States who grew up without washers & dryers in their homes) can bring such joy and be so pleasurable. Shortly after getting married I convinced my husband we needed a new set - the dryer took 3 hours to dry a load and shrunk several of my favorite things, and the washer and I just weren't friends. The first load of laundry I did after replacing them was a joyous occasion. I still love that the dryer finishes before the washer. Ahh, the simple pleasures.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear