16 Days of Thankfulness

I just saw this on another blog and thought it seemed like a cool idea. Plus it's a good way to celebrate NaBloPoMo. So every day until Thanksgiving I am going to post about something I'm thankful for.

Tonight as I was driving home from work I was thinking about how thankful I am to have found a job that I like and can do well, more or less. Years ago I decided that I didn't want to be a teacher. I don't have a strong voice and I don't like to be on the spot or in charge. However, I have found that I really feel comfortable in front of a classroom. I love to talk, especially about stuff that I know well. I don't think I could handle a room of surly teenagers or anything, but college classes are great. This teaching job has been very different from my experience at BYU, but I've been having a great time. I feel so satisfied when my students remember things and put them together right; I love their enthusiasm for learning. This is a big motivator for me to get a PhD. I want to keep teaching; I want to keep having meaningful discussions about language and literature. I want to teach more people how to do
this.

Comments

"This" link had me laughing until my sides hurt. I'm forwarding it to those I love to laugh the most with. Awesome.
Desmama said…
Loved the link, too. I'm going to forward it on to my sister, who's a Spanish teacher.
skyeJ said…
I died laughing. One of my patients last night speaks Mayan as a first language and Spanish as a second, nada ingles. That is probably how my craptastic Spanish sounds to her. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear