More Shameless Bragging

So, what could possibly make my week better than a quick getaway to a bed and breakfast? Could it be the pumpkin swirl cheesecake I made this afternoon that didn't even crack? Those were both pretty cool, but then tonight was even better. Some one mentioned World Market the other day, and I realized that I pass that store on my way to work. Tonight I was a little early, so I thought I'd run in and check it out. After stepping into the store I realized that I need to come back when I had more than 20 minutes and actual money in my bank account. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I would have preferred a few more Spanish items, but the tuna in olive oil and olives stuffed with anchovies look pretty awesome. Like I said, the budget hasn't been very great lately so I tried not to buy anything. Until I saw the digestive cookies. Cadbury dark chocolate digestives. I ate four in the car on the way to teach my class. I need to drive a different way to work or else I am in serious trouble.

Comments

Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
I really wish you could buy tuna in olive oil in the regular supermarket. It's so much better than water or vegetable oil pack tuna!

Also, I'm totally jealous that you have World Market. Totally jealous.
Carina said…
MMmmmm las aceitunas rellenas de anchoa!

They'll be on our Thanksgiving table tomorrow; it's tradition.

Yum yum yum
Jenny said…
I have only been to that store twice, but both times I was there for over an hour just looking at stuff. I love that place
robin marie said…
i'm glad you just stumbled upon my favorite store ever! only in arizona it is cost plus and i loved it so much i prayed it would have a wedding registry for when i finally got married... sadly it didn't... but i still go there OFTEN!
FoxyJ said…
Two Forks--we should go shopping there some time and count it as visiting teaching :)
TJ said…
world market is one of my favorite store for chocolate. their prices are a little high, but for cadbury, i'll pay almost anything. they have cadbury hot chocolate too. yummy yummy
Courtney said…
Reading this post directly followed my first visit to the World Market. It was twilight zone-ish.
Nemesis said…
Mmmmmmmm, you lucky! I am so glad you now know what delights await you there!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals