Modern Technology Rules

Everyone in America should have a washing machine in their home. We really should be more like Spain, where they are just a standard feature in the kitchen. And, they should be those nice, small, highly efficient European front loaders that get your water really, really hot and your whites nice and sparkly. But, then again no one in Spain has a dryer and you have to hang your underwear out the window to get it dry and then iron it so it isn't crunchy.

Last night I was once again filled with gratitude for my washing machine when we had another middle of the night barfing incident (not me, S-Boogie). Luckily I was there to make sure no barf got in the hair or anything like that, so it was a simple matter of putting the sheets and pajamas in the washing machine and cleaning them thoroughly. Ah, convenience. I love the 20th century.

I also realized that I have mostly gotten over my barf issues. I used to be deathly afraid of barf, but I can now say that it really doesn't bother me that much, even when it has raisins and cheese from 8 hours earlier floating in it. I still don't like being barfed on, but I no longer run screaming from the room if someone else is barfing. Especially when that someone gets this totally distressed look on her face and lifts her arms up to me saying, "Mama, hug".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear