I am never going to watch television again

I think I watched more television today than I have ever watched in one day during my entire life. This morning we watched several hours of PBS kids programing, then this afternoon was Fantasia, then I got tired of kids stuff and went ahead and watched Law and Order, and then we watched some game shows and then we watched Veggie Tales and then we shut the TV off and S-Boogie got in her bed and I thought to myself "free at last!". S-Boogie may get to go home tomorrow, but it may not end up being until Thursday. They seem to make the decision in the morning and then stick with it, which kind of bugs me. She had a bad night last night, but was much perkier this evening and keeping her oxygen levels up nicely. The problem with being on oxygen is that they have to wean you off of it slowly, so it might take a while before the tube comes out of her nose. I really hope that tonight goes better and that we can make a little more progress. Last time she had a pretty steady upward course until she got better and went home, but this time things have not been so great. I just hope her little psyche isn't permanently scarred by the whole experience. As soon as anyone from the hospital walks in to her room she goes rigid and withdraws into her little shell. At least she's finally forgiven us for not taking her home on Sunday night and for helping the nurses roll her up in a sheet and poke her with needles. I think that we will be fully back in her favor when we can finally take the dreaded tube out of her nose; she seems to resent the fact that we don't do that when she asks. But hey, we have been letting her eat chocolate ice cream for lunch and watch TV all day, so she just doesn't realize how good she has it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals