Sunday, Sunday

Most Sundays I end up coming home from church feeling worse than when I did before I went. My calling is really stressful and sacrament meeting with a two year old is just plain torture. But, today was actually a really nice day at church. Maybe it's because I woke up feeling like total crap so the day had to get better from there because there was nothing else it could do. I really didn't sleep well last night, and I was also beset by "female troubles". Ugh. I started feeling a little better after I watched "Music and the Spoken Word" this morning. I've gotten into watching it lately and I'm finally starting to like the Tabernacle Choir. Today they sang a really cool arrangement of Lead Kindly Light and they also sang How Firm a Foundation, both of which are favorite hymns of mine. Then we got to sing Come, Oh Thou King of Kings and Lead Kindly Light in sacrament meeting, which made me very happy. The testimonies were pretty uplifting today and S-Boogie generally played calmly with her new toys. Primary was chaotic, but most of the teachers showed up so I was much less stressed than I usually am. So, yeah, I'm glad I got to have a positive church experience today. I really hope the next calling I have isn't quite so involved and that I will have a chance to really get something from church instead of always having to give so much.

Another thing I realized today is that I really want to get more involved with music. I feel like that used to be a major part of my life and it really isn't anymore. I really love to play the piano and one of my favorite things is to be an accompanist. During high school I was really involved in music at church and I did tons of playing on my mission, but it's been years since I had that kind of calling. I really hope we can buy a piano sometime in the next few years or so. I would like to get back into playing more often and I really want my children to all learn how. I know as kids we mostly didn't like taking lessons, but almost all of us are now quite musical.

And my final happy thing that happened today was that S-Boogie said the blessing at lunch. We were deciding whose turn it was when S-Boogie piped up with "my turn". So Mr. Fob helped her say it and she got most of the words out. It was very sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear