Nostalgia smells like...

Onions and celery frying in margarine: being a little kid and waiting for dinner

Vaseline Intensive Care lotion (yellow bottle): reminds me of my mom

Hand cleaner and engine grease: reminds me of dad

Wet dirt: more little kid stuff (once in Madrid we walked by some guy hosing down the sidewalk and there was this powerful wet dirt smell mixed with oleander flowers and I could swear I was standing on the sidewalk outside our house on Paradise Street)

Rain on sagebrush: living in Mountain Home

Manure and alfalfa: Grandma's house

Seaweed: going to the beach, especially stopping by on a winter evening to watch the sun set

Warm green onions: working at Taco Bell

Cucumber melon lotion: our honeymoon (!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals