So glad I married a sensible man

I have recently discovered what a "Brazilian wax" really is, and I am horrified. There is a bulletin board for LDS women that I frequent and for some reason the subject of what to do with your "hair down there" came up (it's amazing what people talk about online that they would never, ever discuss in real life). Anyways, I was shocked at the number of women who admitted that they shave or wax it off, on a regular basis. Some are even willing to pay money to have a total stranger apply hot wax to their private areas! I am partly shocked that people do this, and also shocked to realize that I am apparently one of the few women left on this planet that has no desire to get rid of her pubic hair. And, many of them said that their husbands approved and actually encouraged this sort of thing. I was discussing this this evening with Master Fob and I was greatly relieved to note that he seemed even more horrified than I was by the whole thing, and so I am eternally grateful to have married someone with so much common sense.

Comments

svoid said…
I was reading an article about this trend of pubic hair removal recently while waiting to get my hair cut (the hair on my head). I thought that one of the women in the article made a good point. At one point in the history of our evolution where we all ran around naked, pubic hair served to keep foreign objects (i.e. dirt, insects, etc.) out of a woman's genitals. Now that most women wear undergarments and clothes on top of that, the hair down there is really just superfluous. I can only imagine how painful it would be to wax that hair away, but it doesn't seem like it would be too bad to trim every once in a while.
Tolkien Boy said…
Um. Wow.

I don't even want to imagine what that feels like...
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, I will confess that I once tried to wax my upper lip and it was a very, very bad experience. Anything sticky should never be combined with hair under any circumstances.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals