No deep dark secrets

After two posts in a row confessing all kinds of interesting things about myself I thought you might like to know some stuff that is utterly boring:

Today I had my first ever massage. It was pretty good. It wasn't as fabulous as I was expecting, but that's probably because I went to a student clinic. They did manipulate my intestines, because I'd checked the box for "chronic constipation" under "medical issues you have a seen a doctor for". I think it helped, too. Getting totally naked for a guy who looks like he is seventeen was a lot easier than I thought. I just reminded myself that I've had two babies and that I've been to the proctologist, so this couldn't be quite so bad. It wasn't, especially because he was very good at the draping. So I decided that getting a massage was a much better reason to get naked for strangers than most of those other times in the past.

We also went and got Little Dude's picture taken this afternoon. I was a little nervous because the photographer really was as annoying in person as she had been on the phone. Thankfully the session went really well. Little Dude smiled charmingly; and they have eliminated the table and now take baby photos on the floor, which reduced my anxiety level a ton. When the photographer looked at me and said "have you ever done bathtub shots?", I smiled sweetly and said, "No thanks. We just want one pose for the package." She was nice enough to just stop right there and not make me take off Little Dude's clothes unnecessarily. I think she was also worn out by the family in front of us that had four small children. Unfortunately we came back to see our photos before the two large groups ahead of us had finished their deliberations, so we spent way too long sitting around the photo studio with two cranky children. And in the end we decided to buy one of their cute "enhanced" pictures on top of our package. So we spent some extra money, but it wasn't a lot. It was hard to resist: She had a picture of Little Dude smiling and holding a letter I, then in the enhancement she added the rest of the word "smile" around him. It was too cute. We'll scan it and put it on the kids' blog so you can tell us we weren't crazy to spend the money on it.

Comments

Kengo Biddles said…
Mmmm massage. I need to ask Eileen for one...thanks for the reminder, Foxy. :)
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
I have only ever had one massage in my life and it was one of the more unpleasant experiences I've had. Perhaps if I could have relaxed. And the part where the masseur massaged my rock-hard neck muscles was excruciating. Also, the part with all the touching. I'm fine when a person I have, you know, romantic feelings for, gets in my personal space. Other than that, please stay out.

PS--Por favor, you have the cutest kids in the world. I'm sure that the extra picture is fantastic.
Th. said…
.

I'm heading over to their blog now.
Kengo Biddles said…
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for some more deep dark secrets...You've been picked.
I have quit going to picture places. First of all, my hubby is really skilled with a camera and secondly, I cannot resist some of the adorable shots they get. They are cutest under two when they don't do those fakey smiles.

I had my first massage in May, at 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant. It was. It may have been the best thing that happened to me that whole month; other than meeting little BabyPete of course. I was pretty anxious about it, but I would go again in a heartbeat.

Crazy Mormon girls and their highly developed sense of modesty . . .
Kristeee said…
I may have to give the massage thing a try. I've always been weirded out of doing it by the whole naked on a table thing. But that sounds so nice about now...
FoxyJ said…
Kristeee--they're really good about keeping you all wrapped up and covered so you don't expose yourself. I actually felt a lot more comfortable because a few months ago as part of Enrichment we had a little thing on massage and relaxation by a guy who in my ward who is a massage therapist. He brought his table and had his wife demonstrate how the draping and stuff work (she was still wearing her clothes). That was everyone's big question: am I going to be naked? :)
JB said…
Oh, how fun!! I bet that picture's worth it. You have to let yourself have some of those little pleasures sometimes!

Also, I'm glad to hear your massage went alright. I've had mixed experiences with it, personally.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear