Anger Management--A Cautionary Tale

Yesterday morning I was attempting to use the computer for something and S-Boogie was pestering me. After she hit me few times, I decided it was time to go in time-out, so I picked her up in my left arm and headed into the other room. On my way out of the bedroom I shoved the door out of the way vigorously, and gave it a good smack to release some frustration. My right hand and the edge of the door connected along the fat part just below the thumb. I immediately began to feel crushing pain in my hand and it started to swell. Luckily Master Fob came home shortly thereafter and we decided that a visit to urgent care was in order. I was nervous to end up spending several hundred dollars for them to tell me to just go home and take more Tylenol, but after a few x-rays and some deliberation the doctor decided that I had badly bruised and sprained my hand, and possibly given myself a small fracture or two as well. So I get to wear a splint for the next few days and learn how to be helpless. At least this morning it was already feeling quite a bit better, so hopefully I'll be good as new soon. Maybe I should get a punching bag for my next birthday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We've had several incidents of anger management that have taught us similar lessons. One of them involved the kicking of a shoe across the room and then having to replace our front window. Pretty hilarious. I'm glad the hand's already feeling better.
JB said…
Wow. Sorry about that, how frustrating. I could see that being ironic in that it may have mad you even more angry...

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals