Good News/Bad News

Bad news first: I do have to retake not one, but two sections, of my specialty exam. I will probably be doing this next Monday. I'm also still trying to get a hold of my advisor in order to figure out all the details. I heard a rumor that I will just be given a choice between the remaining two questions on each section that I need to redo, and if that is the case then studying shouldn't be too bad. If not, then I am in deep, deep trouble.

Good news: I just got an email informing me that a paper I submitted got accepted to La Marca Hispanica, the department's student journal. That makes me feel loved and validated, even if it's a pedagogy paper and not a literature one. The submissions were totally anonymous and I was actually sick the day we presented these papers, so no one knew it was mine. And they still liked it. That makes me feel like maybe I do have something useful to say after all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, congratulations on the publication. That's totally awesome. And good luck on the test.
emily said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emily said…
Ditto on the congratulatory remark. I submitted to La Marca and they basically laughed in my face.
COOLGUY said…
Way cool - I need a copy of the article...

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals