Notes from the Weekend

We had an enjoyable Dia de los Reyes party on Friday night with some friends. Their little boy Dylan brought his Batman cape and mask, so S-Boogie got out her Supergirl cape and they had a great time fighting crime together. It's too bad we couldn't convince them to fight crime anywhere except in the living room. I think it will take me a while to get used to the fact that Master Fob now has Friday nights off after working Fridays for the last three years.

I didn't get anything productive done yesterday. I spent way too much time online. I think I spend several hours most days browsing the internet. Yes I read a lot of news and I love to keep up with my friend's blogs, but it's getting to be a little excessive I think. The problem is I haven't figured out yet how to bottle feed and read a book, but I can sort of hold the bottle and use the mouse. And the internet requires small fragments of attention wheras books do not. But, I think my escapism is reaching problem levels, so I need to cut the addiction a little.

Last night we watched The Motorcycle Diaries and I really liked it. I think I want to move to Peru (well, maybe go for a visit). It's not your typical film in that it's lighter on plot and heavier on scenery, but it was interesting as an attempt to translate autobiographical writing to film. I would recommend it to anyone--the R rating is for words in subtitles and there isn't any sex, nudity, or violence on screen. It was nice to watch a movie that was "adult" in its sentiments and content without finding the need to shock through gratuitous sex and violence.

S-Boogie spent her first day in Sunbeams well; I couldn't get much feedback about her lesson, but Primary passed without incident and she's been singing "Here We Are Together" all afternoon. Sacrament Meeting was very pleasant too, so I think we're all grateful for 9 o'clock church.

For the last three days Little Dude has surprised me with a two-hour afternoon nap. I hope this trend continues. I also hope the jagged little corner of tooth sticking out of his bottom gum will complete its emergence sometime soon so we can celebrate.

Comments

Jenny said…
I'm glad the time change was in your favor. It was definately not in ours. I think our daughter was on the verge of getting thrown out of nursery before she ran away from them.
Desmama said…
We switched to the nine o'clock schedule, too, and praises be! The only reason I can roll out of bed at 6:00 is by knowing that I'll get a nice, luxurious nap in the afternoon along with the kids.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear