Thoughts from the Mall

If Abercrombie and Fitch is trying to sell clothes, why aren't the models wearing any?

Even though I think seasonal dishes are a frivolous waste of my money, I really like these ones from Pottery Barn. Especially the rick rack design on the glasses. I'm a sucker for Valentine's Day.

If I had money to spend on clothes, I'd probably buy some from Eddie Bauer. I really like their clothes. Does that mean I'm a geek? Or just a fifty-year-old woman who likes gardening and boating?

I also like the clothes from Anthropologie, but I can't imagine myself ever wearing them.

Williams Sonoma had a display of Moroccan spices and tagines, and I missed my sister. And I felt a little jealous of the fact that she lives in a place less dominated by commercial interests. But I have clean running water, so I guess I'll be happy where I'm at.

I really can resist the smell of warm, freshly-baked pastries. Especially when I leave my wallet at home.

I enjoy window shopping at the mall most when it's still closed and no one is there.

Comments

Jenny said…
I like the dishes. And even though they are a frivolous waste of money, I always want to buy things like that with only one use. So lame of me.

WS also has these pink heart shaped marshmallows that you can sample. I personally am not a marshmallow fan, but Savvy got her sugar kick for the week and though it was awesome that someone combined pink and sugar into a food for her.
Lady Steed said…
Those dishes are really cute. I am sorely tempted.

I too have had that same thought regarding Abercrombie & Fitch. The Victoria's Secret Models wear more clothing then some of those A & F models.
Earth Sign Mama said…
Those are darling dishes! Sadly, when I clicked onto the website they announced that the tumblers are no longer available. How cruel. All seasonal dishes make me crave them--watermelon slice serving trays, jack-o-lantern bowls, tulip vases...Christmas dishes---I lust for them.
Jenny said…
One thing that you miss when the mall is closed at A&F is the occasional half nekkid model standing outside the store all greased up.
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Love the dishes! Hate the Abercrombie. Instead of REAL stores, our mall has an Abercrombie and a Hollister. What is it with Hollister and the sorority girls who allow them to use their butts as advertising space? Am I just getting old or is it kind of tacky to have words written on the back of your pants?
skyeJ said…
We're still VERY dominated by commercial interests. Our "ideal" is to have that shopping mall in every city. People idolize the States for a good reason. Case in point: Walkin' down the street in Morocco. Land of cheap designer knockoffs- think "Abidas" instead of "Adidas". Man's baggy, stonewashed, low-riding jeans have words embroidered just below the back pockets (in english): "Don't touch my bum" I'm not making this up.
Th. said…
.

I like it preshopping too.

Or more at least.
Janell said…
Be glad you don't have a dish fetish. It's a genetic affliction in my family. I'm still living single and I have more full sets of dishes than I'm willing to admit. I can't help it! Fortunatly, I'm resistant to most other shiney objects.

I've often wondered that about A&F myself.

What makes me laugh about this post is that I never thought I'd ever encounter another person who likes clothes from both Eddie Bauer and Anthropologie!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear