Another thing crossed off the list

I love the fact that the end of the semester has coincided with the beginning of spring. I feel light and unburdened, and the beautiful weather is certainly helping my mood. Today I got to meet with my thesis committee about my prospectus. Basically, a prospectus is a few pages that talk about your thesis and outline your plan for it, along with a bibliography of stuff you're going to use. I was nervous about meeting with them, since some of my ideas are still a little vague and stuff, but they all were very positive and liked it a lot. So, now it is filed and the next step is just writing the thesis (that's all, ha ha). It was a nice feeling to get it out of the way and to know that I really am getting closer to being done with my degree. Some days I don't know if it's worth it or not, but today it certainly feels like it is!

And now I can breathe a sigh of relief, because tomorrow we have a big party with all our friends and then on Thursday we drive to Vegas to spend a few days relaxing in the pool and watching movies on the big TV at my parents' house. Plus it's my birthday next week, so I get to have a birthday dinner with my parents, which I haven't done for a long time. Maybe my mom will make me angel food cake with orange glaze and strawberries.... (hint, hint).

Comments

Cricket said…
It's nice that you have found a way to feel light and unburdoned with about 7 pounds of baby stuff hanging off the front of you, LOL.

Congrats on being one step closer to the end, It's gotta feel great!
JB said…
angel food cake with orange glaze and strawberries? that sounds delightful! i hope you get it.
Earth Sign Mama said…
That yummy orange glaze when you just juice an orange and mix it with a little powdered sugar and smooth it over the cake?? That was the way ALL of my birthday angelfood cakes were frosted when they were baked by MY mom...but there weren't any strawberries in February in Wyoming. Yummm...
Katria said…
Vegas? VEGAS? I'm on the way to Vegas! I mean, my house is. Where I reside for the rest of this week and possibly the next. Weather is warm, shopping is great. But I'm sure you know that already. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals