Feeling Martha-ish




As I'm sure you might have figured out, I don't read any decorating magazines or even attempt to fancy up my house (for example, I think a cardboard box makes a great living room accessory). But I did see a fun idea for decorating with kids' artwork a little while ago and decided to try it out. Especially since it was so easy: two thumbtacks, a piece of twine, and these adorable mini clothespins I found at Storeables:


Then this morning I slaved over a hot stove and produced two fabulosas tortillas espanolas for our ward's International Dinner:



Since that wasn't enough slaving, I let S-Boogie talk me into making a cake in honor of her grandma's birthday yesterday. She voted for chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and sprinkles and had a great time helping me make and eat them.



(You can see that we tried putting cinnamon heart candies on one of the cupcakes, but S-Boogie decided they were "too spicy" so we switched to sprinkles).

I love cooking and organizing and all that, but now I'm ready for a break!

Comments

Desmama said…
Looks like fun! How was the international dinner? I, too, am not very good at the house-decor thing. Hopefully having a "real" house will inspire me.
TK said…
I'm looking at the middle picture and wishing I lived in your ward - or at least close enough to get invited to dinner! You're such a great cook!

And your decorating idea is cute - I'm sure it made Sophie feel good too.
Earth Sign Mama said…
Thank you for making (and eating) my birthday cake!! I have no problem making my own birthday cake, but for some reason this year I didn't do it...oh, that's right, I had a math workshop until 7:00 P.M. the night before B-day and so I was too tired. But--Now I feel completely celebrated!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals