Much Rejoicing

Master Fob has spent this quarter working for the admissions office reading applications. This has been a great job not just for the flexible hours and good pay, but also because they pay his tuition for him. Unfortunately, it was just for this quarter and then we didn't have a plan beyond that point. He just emailed me to say that they want him to come back next quarter to read transfer applications. Such a wonderful blessing! One of the things I admire most about Master Fob is that he works hard and works well at whatever job he has. During our entire relationship he's always managed to have at least one or two good jobs. I've noticed that he always makes a good impression and we've been blessed for it. He's sincere, dedicated, smart, and just a nice guy.

This does, however, probably change our plans a bit. We have been tentatively planning a big road trip for the entire two weeks of spring break, which would involve us visiting San Francisco, Las Vegas and Utah. However, Master Fob will probably need to be here for part of that time for job-related things. Perhaps we will have to take a smaller trip somewhere, and perhaps it will involve some flying rather than driving. Utah looks like the cheapest option for flying, so we'll have to see what we come up with. I need to come down to Utah some time during the next month or so to defend my thesis (assuming it's done). One idea I have is coming by myself with the kids for the week starting March 26th. Master Fob starts school that day, but BYU is sponsoring a week long mini-course with one of my favorite authors from Spain and I would love to be there for it. I'm not a big fan of vacationing without him, but we have fun people to stay with so I think I'd be OK. Of course, I probably wouldn't be quite so much fun as a visitor if I'm gone to BYU every evening for two hours, but they just want to see my kids. So stay tuned as plans develop. I'm determined to go somewhere for spring break.

And of course, the thesis. I have actually started writing it, believe it or not. The other morning Master Fob didn't have to work so I cranked out 10 pages of extremely rough draft. It's been hard because I don't like to write as much as I like to research and I've been really psyched out by the whole thing. I keep telling myself that I can do it, and the fact that part of it is now written down is starting to calm my fears. I have an outline for the first chapter and now about half is written down. The second chapter is also in semi-finished rough draft form, and then I have to write the third chapter and conclusion. Think I can get that done during the next three or four weeks?

Comments

Desmama said…
Congratulations on the tuition/job situation. That is a huge relief and a blessing. When DesDad and I first got married (um, what DesMama, as opposed to the second or third time you got married? Never mind.)--anyway, as we were traveling back from our honeymoon, we found out--over the phone, nonetheless--that he had been laid off. Yep, no job to come home to. And the company didn't have the $700 to pay him for the last month he had worked there. Luckily, he had received a half-tuition scholarship and worked hard to find another job that actually ended up being a huge blessing and something he really enjoyed for the next three years. So. All that to say congratulations and I can imagine how grateful you must be.

One more thing--I hope when you're in Utah you drop a line. Because I know I'd love to meet you (and I'm glad to drive to Provo to do it), and I think McCulloch Mama would love to as well.
Earth Sign Mama said…
Yeah, I second that emotion about the job situation for Master FOB. That is excellent. And you'll make it with the paper--getting started is usually half the battle: GI JOE!
Jenny said…
Hardworking husbands are the best. Wat to go Masterfob!
Good luck getting that thing down on paper. And by thing I mean thesis. I would love to visit with you while you're here, but if you have actual real life friends that take up all your time, I understand. Vacations are never long enough to do all the things I want.

Also, I have wanted to comment on like all your last few posts because they've all been good, especially the one with all the links. The bread and the princess link were awesome. But the word verification totally hates me.
skyeJ said…
Can you come to Morocco instead?? I know some great cheap hotels. Five dollars a nite!!! And, they have hot showers. And real, sit-down toilets!
AmyJane said…
Yeah, word verification sucks sometimes--I've also been having a hard time commenting. But I read every day! Well, almost.
Anyway, I'm glad the job sitch is looking OK. It's stressful enough to live as students with a family to support.
Lady Steed said…
WHAW!!! You're not coming!!!???

Oh cruel world!!

Ahem, pardon my sudden emotional outburst.

Congrats on the job thing.Having tuition covered is amazing.
Th. said…
.

To your question: yes.

But also: Aiiiiiieeee!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear