The sun came out today

First of all, thanks to everyone for your kind and encouraging comments. I actually feel better now that I got a lot of that off ugly, negative crap out of my head. Now I just need to remind myself next time I start freaking out: "You already said this. There's not anything else you can do." We are still coming to Utah for a week during our spring break. We thought we would have nearly three weeks off due to a lack of finals and such, but the fact that Master Fob is still employed has changed our plans a bit. We love the fact that he still has a job and that we still have steady income until June, but I think both of us really need a vacation. I'm so looking forward to the day when school is done and he just has one job, hopefully one with vacation time and reasonable hours. For example, our "holiday" weekend included Master Fob going to class all day on Saturday, working Sunday night, and working Monday afternoon. Sigh.

But, I am taking action to get this thesis out of my life. My new goal is to have a complete rough draft finished by the time we go to Utah in mid-March. That really only gives me about three weeks to do it, but I think I can. My introduction is written and I'm about halfway through the first chapter. I also have an outline and ideas for a conclusion, it's just the second chapter that is still completely untouched. Last night I sent an email out to the ward Relief Society list (something I love, by the way) asking for a temporary babysitter for Little Dude. I've already gotten two responses this morning, so now I just have to decide who to turn down. I think I'm going to go with the one who lives right here in my complex and already has a little girl who is almost two years old. I feel bad because the other one came from a girl (why can't I say "woman" when we're both nearly 29 years old??) who just got married and moved into the ward. She's been looking for a job and I know she's kind of lonely. But she doesn't live that close and I don't think her house is very baby proof. I suppose I could have her come over here, but my apartment is tiny and that might be weird. Maybe I'll keep her as backup. Anyways, I'm rambling. I really should be off doing research or something since Little Dude is sleeping and S-Boogie is busy roaming the house destroying things with her broom.

Comments

Josh Frome said…
Have them do personally humiliating stunts involving various levels of undress to vie for your affections, videotape it and sell it to Fox. Actually, let them each have a turn, since having two potential babysitters is always better than one.
Sarah said…
I love the idea of having a RS email list! We need one of those in our ward. That's so nice that they are the kind of people who come through for you when you have needs like that. Good luck with your thesis! Stuff like that always looks impossible but has a way of getting done. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but I know you'll find the help around you to make it possible. Good luck!
TK said…
I'm glad you're feeling better, and things are moving ahead. Hang in there!
SenecaSis said…
Wow! A Relief Society email list?! We don't even have a ward list with with plain old-fashioned phone numbers in our ward.

Not sure why. It's not like we have famous people whose numbers might somehow be leaked to the general non-Mormon-believing public.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals